Nummy Nanner Bread

Banana bread is one of those little treats that I've loved ever since, well...forever! Sad to say, I lost my fool-proof recipe (which I've used for the last several years - but not often enough to memorise it...) after our move. *tear

Yesterday I experimented with an online recipe which turned out toooooo sweet. I won't even quote the source for fear of giving ya'll the 'betes- bless 'em for tryin.

Today called for a do-over. Rather than hanging my head in shame after losing my recipe, I donned my pinny and experimented with my own recipe. This is what I ended up with:

Nummy Nanner Bread
(Vegan Friendly!)


Ingredients:
2c. Flour
2tbsp. Baking Powder
Dash-o-Cinnamon (optional)
Pinch-o-Salt
3 Ripe Bananas
2/3c. Applesauce
2tbsp Sugar
3tbsp Vegetable Oil

Directions:
Mix the Flour, Baking Powder, Cinnamon & Salt in a large bowl and set aside.

In a separate bowl, mash up your Bananas until they're nice and gooey. Then, mix your mash together with the Applesauce, Sugar, and Vegetable Oil. Slowly add the existing Flour mixture to the Banana mixture - stirring until all is well incorporated.

Spoon the mixture into a buttered bread pan, then pop it into the oven at 180C for 50-60min (I use a knife to test if the loaf is fully cooked - just slide your knife into the centre of the loaf, if any gooeyness comes back on the knife, then leave it cooking a few more minutes!! So on and so forth...)


Until next time...

Hearts.

Comments

Popular Posts